Interior Decorating Workshop for Teens
My Signature Bedroom is a workshop developed for teens ages 14 to 18 who want to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques to create a bedroom that shows their personality and style. This life skills practicum gives students a quick and easy overview of the design process and they will learn practical skills and principles of good design.
Our curriculum includes the basic guidelines of interior decorating that students can easily learn and put into practice, such as identifying style components, creating methods to stay organized, using the principles/elements of design (color, texture, scale and balance) and applying them into their space.
In this exciting hands-on class, students will learn how to:
- Space Plan (placement of furniture to create a natural flow in the space)
- Resource the latest color and design trends to develop a plan
- Shop for accents and accessories to bring all the design elements together to create and inspiring environment
- Use of color, texture, and lighting
- Recycle & Repurpose existing furnishings and decor
- Look at a room and identify what's needed to complete the look
My Signature Bedroom is an educational, yet fun workshop where teens are empowered with real design know-how.
UPCOMING CLASS DATES: TBA Click registration button to join our mailing list on upcoming workshop dates.
Students will be expected to complete daily lessons, individual projects, group work and group projects. There will be worksheets, study guides, daily projects and a design portfolio. You will have a comprehensive project. Quizzes may be given periodically to check for understanding.
Students are asked to bring pictures of what inspires them, as well as photos of the bedroom to be addressed on the first day of class.
Design Kit is included in course fee:
- Note Book
- 3 Ring Binder
- Colored pencils
- Measuring tape
- Room & Furniture Layout Kit
- Tote Bag
- Picture Hanging Kit