Texas Caviar with Black Beans
This yummy southern favorite is made with black beans instead of black-eyed peas. Serve with savory tortilla chips as a great party appetizer or serve on soft tacos with grilled or sauteed shrimp.
This fresh and zesty concoction also works well with grilled meats, fish, on top of a tasty burger or by itself with a cold beer.
It’s one of my favorite summer sides, but however, you decide to serve this summer delight, you can’t go wrong!
- 2-15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can of whole kernel corn
- 2 tennis ball size tomatoes finely diced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 bell pepper, red or yellow diced
- 1 cucumber, skin on, diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro, as you prefer
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp salt(optional)
- mix together in a steel bowl and chill, overnight is best. Add the avocado immediately before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.8||2.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6||22.4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Party Elements by Signature Designs