Crostini is an Italian appetizer consisting of a small slice of grilled or toasted bread brushed with oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and baked until golden brown and topped with something sweet or savory. Here are 12 savory crostini toppings we think are the best. And just so you know, a tasty crostini with a cheesy spread topped with seafood is the best!
These savory crostini toppings are perfect for a last-minute cocktail party, a small gathering of friends, or a great menu item for game day. They are simple, savory, and make for an endless variety of instant hors-d’oeuvres. Just spread and bite!
Stop by the market and pick up a loaf of French bread and get inspired. It’s time for a cocktail party!
Italian Style Canapes by Bridor, Inc.
How-to Create Crostinis:
- Slice 1 to 2 loaves of French bread into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Brush each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Place the rounds on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees until crisp throughout and lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
12 Crostini Topping Recipes:
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese spread topped with dill.
- Shrimp salad with tarragon.
- Mash avocado with salt and lime juice and spread on crostini; top with shrimp, crumbled bacon, and sprouts.
- Rub with garlic clove; top with sliced plum tomatoes; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Tuna salad with lemon juice and zest, olive oil, chopped parsley, and salt.
- Spread with Gorgonzola cheese; top with sliced pears.
- Prosciutto wrapped with thinly sliced melon.
- Top with pesto crumbled bacon and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Combine mayonnaise with wasabi paste; spread on toasts; top with lump crab meat.
- Combine equal parts sour cream and cream cheese with horseradish; spread on toasts; top with thinly sliced roast beef.
- Halve asparagus tips lengthwise; steam until al dente and season with salt; spread pre-made egg salad on toast; top with an asparagus tip.
- Wilt baby spinach and toss with crumbled bacon; spoon onto toasts; top with chopped hard-boiled eggs.
#recipes #savory #crostini #food #toppings