Stylish place settings are ideal for creating an extraordinary dining experience
It’s no secret, at Party Elements we are always thinking about “the party experience”. From linens to fabulous decor, we are always on the lookout for all things “PARTY”! Today’s editorial is focused on the dining experience. There’s more to setting a table than knowing where the silverware goes. Creating a tablescape should be inviting, fun, and memorable.
From linens to centerpieces, we are all about designing chic settings. Once you have done the basic place setting, add your own creativity. Feel free to mix and match dinner plates. Use colorful or unique glassware. Find a unique way to fold a napkin. Discover clever touches to make your design memorable. Design the perfect dining experience for you and your guests.
Here are some tips on how to set a table:
- When setting the dinner table, place settings should be evenly spaced and flatware should be balanced.
- Dinner plates should be spaced far enough apart to allow guests adequate elbow room.
- Silverware is placed in the order that it will be used, from the outside in. Don’t put out utensils that won’t be used.
- Forks are placed on the left side of the plate.
- Knives and Spoons on the right side of the plate. Place knives with their cutting edge towards the plate.
- Make sure all of the utensils line up. If possible, remove the used utensils after each course.
- Napkins should be cloth and are placed on the left under the forks or on the plate. Get creative and use a decorative napkin fold as an added signature touch. (simple napkin fold tutorial)
- Dress up your place settings with napkin rings
- Bread and Butter plate with Spreader is placed above the forks to the left of the plate.
- If serving dessert, the selected silverware is placed above the plate with the fork handle pointing to the left; or the spoon or knife handle pointing right. On the other hand, bring out the dessert silverware when the dessert is being served. This will help save space if your table is not large enough.
- Beverage glasses are placed above the knives in a diagonal slant going from biggest to smallest.
- If coffee is being served, place cup and saucer to the right of the setting, with the coffee spoon on the right side of the saucer. You can also bring the coffee out with dessert.
- For an extra added touch, make personalized place cards for each guest.
A properly set table is a great introduction to a fabulous meal. Use the diagrams below as your guide when arranging your place settings.
#tablescape #tablesetting #tabletopdesign #dining #placesetting #dinnertable