This Asparagus Pasta Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing recipe is perfect for a picnic in the park or food on the go.
Asparagus Pasta Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 1 pound uncooked pasta, penne, or your desire
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces greek yogurt
- 4-5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid. Shake the jar vigorously until ingredients are well combined. Taste and adjust quantities as desired. Set the dressing aside.
- Cut each asparagus spear into 2-inch pieces, do not use tough stems.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, then add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook with pasta for another 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse it with cold water until cooled; allow drain well.
- Transfer pasta and asparagus to a large bowl, gently stir in tomatoes and onions. Toss with dressing, cover, and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Serve cold or room temperature.